Saturday, May 15, 2010

Thanks for your help...

I work one (sometimes 2) days a week for my dad. They money's great and I call Friday's "MY DAY OFF" - meaning no kids!! Well, I don't get out of work until at least 6 PM, and then I have to collect the kids from my mom's and then get home. We're lucky if we're home by 8 PM, which means bed time is always a little later that night. Last night was no exception and when I walked in the door with the kids at 8, Todd was already home (THANK GOD).

I'll admit, when I saw him, I checked out. I had already mentally decided that he was going to be dealing with the kids, I just didn't tell him :) So as soon as we're in the house, M decides she needs chocolate milk. She goes to the pantry to grab the Nestle Quick and brings it to her father. Next thing I know..."LAUREN, HELP! WHAT DO I DO?!?!"...

M had dropped the container of Nestle Quick, and for lack of a better word, it EXPLODED all over the floor and all over M. She was surrounded by a cloud of chocolate dust. What did I do???? LAUGHED SO HARD I ALMOST PEED MY PANTS. Todd was literally tripping over himself as he tried to figure out the best way to handle the situation, A was staring at her sister in awe and then decided she wanted to join in and jumped in the cloud. That lasted all of 2 seconds before Todd pulled her out. I'm still off to the side laughing. I tried to take a picture and literally wouldn't let him clean her up until I thought I got a good shot, but I took the pic on my blackberry and the system was full or some crap and I didn't get the shot. And the video camera wasn't charged so that depressed me even more.

Still laughing. And then Todd decides the best course of action was to vacuum M. Great idea actually. At first M was HORRIFIED, but then she laughed and laughed. She enjoyed it so much she started bawling when Todd was finished because he didn't vacuum her socks. Still laughing in corner and giving a friend the play by play over BBM.

Todd did great! Even washed the kitchen floor after he finished vacuuming. When all was said and done, he looks at me and says "Thanks for your help"- but we were both laughing.

No comments: